Sunday, April 3, 2011

Cruising right along...or at least I thought...

So far so good.  I've been on cruise control this past month.  Cruising right along with life.  Regular check ups with my physicians (yes, I have about five).  Back in the groove with the kiddies activities, home responsibilities and just "stuff."  


That was until last Friday.  I was notified by a friend, that a mutual friend of ours was not winning her battle with breast cancer.  There are too many details to list, and too many that I do not know - but the end result was that she was home from the hospital, where she had been for awhile.  The cancer had metastasized, her liver was failing and the doctor gave her 1-2 weeks....by the following Wednesday she was gone.  


I still cannot believe it, I am flooded with a range of emotions - but mainly sadness.  


She is gone.  Gone from her husband, her children, her family.  I want to ask WHY, but know that it is not for me to even begin to understand. All I can do is pray that God will be with her family and do what I can to help them too.


Reality bites.  This ugly disease rears its head...not only does it destroy our bodies, messes with our minds, it kills and takes away those we love.


I will miss you Shan, as I know all those who loved and knew you - will too.

2 comments:

  1. So, so sad. Just heard about her a few weeks ago. Read this post earlier this afternoon and have been humbled ever since.

    And I just saw this link from a friend, so I'm passing it on: https://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Cancer-That-Wouldnt-Go-Away-a-childrens-book-about-metastatic-cancer/358690442097?sk=info

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so very sad. I heard about her recently and it just made me so sad. It is hard to imagine that someone so young and with a family can be taken away so quickly. Keeping them in our prayers.

    Anna

    ReplyDelete