Monday, July 12, 2010

T - 3 weeks....

Well, its on the books...Monday, August 2nd I will be receiving my first chemotherapy treatment.  My mom, John and I met with the nurse to discuss the potential side effects.  You know, the nausea, the hair loss and other fun things.  I received the "tour" of the facility, which John was nice enough to point out that I was the youngest in there, by probably 30 years or so (thanks honey).  He was right, I was thinking the exact same thing.


It is very nice and comfortable setting.  Reclining chairs, personal tv's, headphones and a big ol' nurses station right smack in the middle.  Is it weird that I am already planning my outfit?


John caught me tonight putting a scarf on my head, I was trying to envision what I will look like without hair...you know what, I think I will still look pretty darn good.  I'm going to get a new big pair of sunglasses, a couple of scarves, a wig (maybe 2) and rock what i've got.


I've been blessed with the presence of two cancer babes.  Noelle and Chyrissee, you are my angels...I cannot thank you enough for all the love and support you have given me.  You are further along in your journey, and I am so thankful to have both of you around me - always focusing on the positive and making it all manageable.



2 comments:

  1. You will rock that scarf! You are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Alexxa, my dear - wear a scarf if you wish, but I know you'll look beautiful wearing nothing. Maybe I should rephrase that?

    Lots of love, Michael

    P.S. I know what it's like to be follicle-ly challenged!

    ReplyDelete