These last couple of days, i've been busy acquiring different options to cover my potential glistening head. Even though they say it may not happen until the 14th day after treatment, I want to be prepared. Don't count on me cutting my hair in stages, making it shorter....I'm an ALL or NOTHING kind of girl.
With the help of my fashionista's (Heidi and Hollie) yesterday, I purchased a few fabulous wigs. Today, Heidi re-grouped for another venture out with my mom and I to find a couple of beautiful scarves and stylish hats.
The shopping endorphins quickly left my body, as I had to prepare for my MUGA scan later this afternoon. I had to look it up on the internet for the technical definition:
"The MUGA scan is a "noninvasive test that produces a moving image of the heart."
I wonder if what they mean by "noninvasive" is the needle that still gets stuck into your arm and the plastic catheter which remains in its place? O'well, at least they gave me a piece of pretty purple bandage tape, so I did not have to look at the medical appendage hanging from my arm. We (John and I) waited for the blood they collected, to be marked with radio active material - and it was re-injected into my blood stream. I then had to lie down with this huge machine hovering over me for 20 mins - which was essentially taking a movie of my heart muscle. It actually was very peaceful...I wonder if they will burn me a DVD?
All in all, it was easy - and just one more test along the road before the actual treatment begins.
Thank you for all your sweet emails, notes, texts and prayers...they keep me going on days like these, where there is still much to be done.
Just so you know - I have each and every card sent to me....I have them taped to the front and back of our bedroom door. If I am feeling a low point, I just go over to my door and look at all of your well wishes, they make me smile and give me strength.
Your sounding like you have such a great attitude about this. Keep it up. Your so beautiful you can rock any thing you place on the hood!!! love you,
ReplyDeleteStay strong,
CW
Hey my dear friend! You have been and will continue to be in our prayers! We are also keeping your wonderful hubby and precious girls in our hearts. You are a strong young lady and we have no doubt that you will continue to be through this whole process. We love you!!! Scarf, wig, fuzzies....you will be beautiful. A beautiful survivor!!!! Hope you feel my arms around you. Love. XOXO
ReplyDeletePam
Hi Alexxa! We were just told of this new trial in your life! We will follow, and know our prays are with you and your family. We love you so much and admire your strength in this fight- we are on your side :).
ReplyDeleteLove,
Brett and Lisa Bradshaw