So, I know I started off by thinking 8, its a perfect number, you can count to it on two hands....only 8 treatments! Well now, I think perhaps it was a lofty goal for me. Last week was pretty rough...So now, I am breaking it down by 4 (of the first treatment type...supposed to be a heavy duty regimen) and 4 (of the secondary treatment type). I know, I know, both are chemotherapy but this past week was so challenging, that I think if I change my mindset and scale it back to only 3 remaining in this treatment plan to go, I can accomplish it. Does that make sense?
I made it thru last week, and now I know somewhat to expect going forward. I know that there is an end to the pain, and craziness just a few days following the treatment....it can be scary going thru it for the first time, wondering if you will ever feel normal again.
My mom, dad, John, Cath were at my side, available whenever I needed them (which was quite often). So many wonderful friends, texted, emailed, sent notes, delivered meals --- I am truly blessed. Thank you for continuing to keep me in your prayers.
I am looking forward to a normal week next week --- nothing to do but rest, be with my family and get my body ready for the next treatment which will take place on Monday, August 16th.
Alexxa, wish I could stop by and do something to help,at least give you a hug and hold on to the purple bowl! xo, maria
ReplyDeleteMaria, you are with me :) The "Angels" in the card you sent me are with me at every treatment. Love and miss you!
ReplyDeleteI'm so thankful you have such a wonderful support system at home!!! Keep the Faith!!!!
ReplyDeleteXOXO