Betcha thought you would not hear someone say they are "happy all the hair on their head is gone" - but you just did. I know, it's crazy! My cute GI Jane cut was short lived and is no longer. When the hair began to fall out --- what a mess! It was also so itchy! I look more like a new baby chick with little random fuzz sticking out all over my head. Don't worry, I will NOT be posting any pictures of me.
We got a labradoodle for a reason, I can't stand the dog hair! Now, instead I was the one leaving the mess of 1/4" hairs all over the place.
But in the midst of all this...I continue to find reasons to be thankful:
1. I still have my eyebrows and eyelashes (please Lord, let me keep those!!!)
2. Showering does not take anytime at all...no hair on the legs to shave!
3. My kiddos and my husband continue to warm my heart by telling me how beautiful I look.
4. Food still tastes good, and although my appetite has not returned completely - I am able to eat and maintain a healthy weight.
5. I have the most wonderful family and friends in the world.
I am stealing a phrase a friend told me...
"This is a defining moment, but it will NOT define me and who I am."
Yeah, No leg shaving. JK!! Can't wait to c u once school starts, I hope you will be feeling well enough to attend some of the beginning of school functions!
ReplyDeletexoxo
Christy