Sunday, August 1, 2010

Tomorrow is the First Day of the rest of my life....

Well, it's almost here...Treatment Day!  Tomorrow, Monday August 2nd at 11am, I will be prepping to receive my first chemotherapy session.  I anticipate being there for 3-4 hours or so.  I am told there is a lot to do...lab work, reviewing my results for blood counts, the "weigh in", pumping me full of fluids and lots of other meds before the actual chemo begins.  My nerves are settled for now, I feel more anticipation of getting to know the routine.

I have a list of inspirational songs to keep me going on my ipod. One of them has a chorus which says:

"This is the first day of the rest of your life, cause even in the dark you can still see the light ---its gonna be all right."

That's exactly how I am feeling right now....Tomorrow, truly is the First Day of the rest of my life and it will be all right.  I continue to tell myself, eight (8) treatments --- that's all it is --- 8!  I can count to the number 8 on two hands.

I know you keep hearing me say this, but I am so thankful for all my family and my friends.  I told you about my (our) bedroom door, I have every single card I have received from day one....they are all here, I thought you might like to see them.  All of your prayers, as well as kind and inspirational words help me keep the faith.


Front of my door
Back of my door

4 comments:

  1. Stay Strong, This is just a step toward the future. My thoughts will be with you tomorrow.
    XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will be thinking of you Alexxa; your positive attitude is an example for all of us. Take care! xxxxxxxxxxoooooooooo
    Jen

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Alexxa ... Sonia might have mentioned me to you and I've hoping you'd have a chance to call before your first treatment. I'd love to share some thoughts with you about being thirty-something and facing breast cancer. Hope to hear from you (Sonia's got my number). Warm Regards ... Cherí

    ReplyDelete
  4. Alexxa,

    Lynda Dunbar's niece here thinking about you and sending love and prayers your way. One of my best girlfriend's who has two little boys just completed her 8th treatment a month ago and she is in the clear as you will be, my dear! Kick cancer's ass!!!
    My mom and Lynda are both survivors, as you may know and so was their mom!

    xoxox,
    Kimberly

    ReplyDelete